The Kyosho Piston set works perfectly in the JQ.
#19050 - MIP Bypass1™ Pistons, 8-Hole Set, 16mm, Kyosho MP9 / MP10 1/8th
The MIP Bypass1™ pistons for the 1/8th Kyosho MP9/MP10 are here! These pistons are a must have! The MIP Bypass1™ pistons are fully customizable and allow you to control your shocks rebound speed and your cars performance. MIP Bypass1™ Pistons are also Dyno Tuned to ensure they match the compression characteristics of the stock pistons!
Featuring MIP Color Coded Valves™, MIP Bypass1™ Pistons combined together with our valves allow you to control and maximize your cars shocks performance based on which valves you use. Thicker valves generate a slower rebound and thinner vales get you quicker rebounds. Mix and match valves together and find the best set up for you and your car!
MIP Bypass1™ pistons are being used by some of the top racers in the world, including Adam Drake and Ryan Maifield. The MIP Bypass1™ technology is guaranteed to give you that world champion edge on the track!
The MIP Bypass1™ technology is here to stay, and will be the STANDARD in RC Racing throughout the universe. Don’t get left behind. The future of of RC Racing is here , order your MIP Bypass1™ Kits today.
The MIP Bypass1™ Difference:
MIP Color Coded Valves™
Different color valves allow you to identify which thickness valve your using. The result? You can tune your shocks to optimize your cars performance. Stack the valves for even more fine tuning!
.003 Green Fast Rebound Valve
.005 Blue Medium Rebound Valve
.007 Clear Slow Rebound Valve
.010 Brown Neutral Valve
.004 Tan Gap Valve
Drill out Bypass1™ Pistons to your spec!
Our Kyosho Pistons feature 1.2mm pre-drilled holes which allow you to easily drill them out to custom hole sizes. For instance, you can drill 3 holes at Ø1.35mm and the other 3 at Ø1.50mm." Another advantage of the Bypass1™ Technology!
MIP Dyno-Tuned Technology™
MIP Dyno tunes our pistons to ensure they match the compression characteristics of the stock pistons! The result? MIP can guarantee our Bypass1™ Pistons duplicate the stock pistons with precision and accuracy along with unparalleled quality, providing you with the most optimized feel in your shocks!
- 4 x 6 - Hole 1.2 mm MIP Bypass1™ Pistons
- 5 x .003 Green (Fast Rebound Valve)
- 5 x .005 Blue (Medium Rebound Valve)
- 5 x .007 Clear (Slow Rebound Valve)
- 1.2 mm pre-drilled holes, adjust to your normal hole size setup easily and enjoy the added benefit of Bypass1™ Tech.
- Control rebound speed with MIP Color Coded Valves
- Different valve thicknesses allow adjustable rebound speeds.
- Stacking valves allows for fine tuning adjustments when needed.
1st Time Setup Tips:
- Drill out MIP Bypass1™ pistons to your current setup and use the same oil setup you used too.
- Add 1 of the clear valve on top of each piston as a starting point front and rear.
- Bench test the suspension and drop test, the pack should be the same as your stock pistons that you were running. Rebound rate is now changed with the .005 Medium valve.
- If your suspension feels sluggish drop the valve to green .003, if you feel its too fast bump it up to .007 or stacking valves is possible once you get to .010 in adjustment its almost a 1 to 1 rate of rebound vs compression.
- If you feel that the suspension is still to sluggish at .003 drop 2.5 - 5.0 wt in oil, to get the right rebound vs pack you are looking for.
- Remember you can stack valves for that fine rebound adjustment. Put the lightest valve first then add thicker valves on top.
What Bypass1™ Does for the car / you :
- Car - Increased vehicle responsiveness
- Car - Increased stability
- Car - More Predictable
- Car - Increased jumping, landing , corning and rough track efficiency
- You - Feel more connected
- You - Driving confidence goes up
- You - Pushing the car to the limit is more comfortable
- Bypass1™ is going to become the 'Standard' for all RC Cars. You gain so much confidence when using the Bypass1™ piston technology that simply not using them isn't an option. I just can't take them out, its that much of an advantage. Oh and the setup tunability with the Bypass1™ Valves is nearly limitless. - Adam Drake , Mugen Seiki
- Bypass1™ Technology for RC vehicles was developed in 2010 by MIP and has since progressed to where it is today, a champion in the racing market! Whether it be 1/10, 1/8, or 1/5 you will feel the difference that the MIP Bypass1™ technology does for your vehicle and for your driving confidence. Put in the pistons dial in your setup and start winning! - Matt Olson - MIP
- Precision Machined Bearing Grade Pistons
- Precision Stamped Valves
- Manufactured 100% in the USA
World Class Products, Precision Tools, Race Proven Performance, Thats MIP!