TLR 8IGHT-T 4.0 Truggy
The next generation Team Losi Racing 8IGHT-T 4.0 1/8 Scale 4WD Nitro Truggy Kit features suspension and drivetrain refinements inspired by a single purpose – giving racers of all experience levels a nitro truggy that is easy to drive fast, whatever the track conditions. When the sum is greater than the parts, it all adds up to a faster, tougher truggy, that can take on the best the competition has to offer, right out of the box.
NOTE: Engine, tuned pipe, electronics, tires, wheels and painted body shown in photos are for illustrative purposes only and are not included. See needed to complete list below for a full list of items required to complete the model.
- Revised Suspension Geometry: Updated suspension geometry makes it easier for drivers of all experience levels to turn faster lap times with fewer mistakes, particularly during brutal, hour-long mains.
- Optimized Drivetrain Layout: The engine has been repositioned to reduce front driveshaft angle so more power makes it to the front wheels.
- Ball Bearing Throttle and Brake Actuator: This revised actuator makes throttle and brake response feel incredibly smooth and precise. It also features an updated brace that prevents flexing during heavy braking.
- Large Bearing Spindles and Hubs: Front spindles and rear hubs have been revised to accept a larger 8x16x5mm outer bearing for increased durability.
- 11mm Narrower Track Width: Shorter suspension arms narrow the track width by 5.5mm on each side. This benefits handling on tight sections of the track by making the vehicle more dynamic and allowing it to transition from one direction to the other more quickly.
- Large-Footprint Engine Mount: In addition to its updated position, the engine mount has been designed with a larger footprint that substantially reduces chassis flex and fatigue underneath the engine when racing on high-grip tracks.
- Adjustable Caster Blocks: The adjustable, 15-degree caster blocks make it possible to tune dog bone plunge by changing the height of the spindle.
- Updated Bleeder Shock Caps and Seals: The updated bleeder shock caps and internal seals allow for easier rebuilds while using an emulsion shock setup. Updated bushings that press into the shock cap further improve durability.
- Driveshaft and Dog Bone Boots: Molded rubber boots on the universals and center drivetrain dog bones increase U- joint life by holding lubrication in and keeping dirt out.
- Revised Chassis Side Guards: The chassis side guards have been updated for a better fit.
- Redesigned Shock Towers: The machined aluminum shock towers have udpated camber link and shock location holes that give racers more tuning options for changing track conditions.
- Durable 4mm hard-anodized 7075 T-6 aluminum chassis
- Improved suspension geometry
- 11mm narrower track for better handling on tight sections
- Reduced front driveshaft angle
- Ball bearing throttle and brake actuators
- Large-bearing spindles and hubs
- Revised chassis side guards
- Larger engine mount that reduces chassis flex
- 15°caster blocks with adjustable spindle height
- Aluminum shock caps with threaded bleeder holes
- Molded driveshaft and dog bone boots
- Aluminum shock towers with updated camber link and shock location holes
Type: Nitro Truggy
Length: 18.75 in (476mm)
Width: 15.90 in (405mm)
Height: 7.30 in (185.5mm)
Wheelbase: 7.30 in (185.5mm)
Chassis: 4mm Plate 7075-T6 Aluminum
Suspension: 4-Wheel Independent
Motor or Engine: Not Included .21 - .28 Nitro Engine
Gear Pitch: 1.0 Module
Shock Type: 16mm Bore with Bladder
Ball Bearings: Full Precision Ball Bearings
Fuel Tank Capacity: 150cc ( 5.1 Oz)
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Assembly Time: 3-5 Hours
Is Assembly Required: Yes
Needed to Complete:
- .21 or .28-Size Nitro Engine
- 1/8-Scale Exhaust System
- 2 to 3-Channel Radio System
- High Torque Steering & Brake Servo's (2)
- Receiver Pack and Charger
- Starter Box
- Glow Igniter
- Nitro Fuel
- Fuel Bottle/Fuel Gun
- Polycarbonate-Compatible Paint
- Modeling Tools
- 1/8-Scale Off-Road Truggy Tires, Wheels, and Insert